This ancient fishing village is the smallest town in Tuscany and became autonomous in 1884, detaching itself from Marciana Alta.
Arranged in a semicircle around an inlet on the north-west coast of Elba, the territory is limited to the coastal strip.
The Saracen tower dominates the quay of the port, otherwise known as the Medici, symbol of the town, which was erected from the 16th century to protect the landing place and was already used as a refuge port on that stretch of the Elban coasts, now a marina for boats.
On the opposite side of the bay rises the Cotone which is the oldest part of Marciana Marina, originally a few fishermen's houses, which later, after reclamation of the narrow coastal plain, expanded along the beach to the keep.
The link with a past in which centuries of history and popular culture have woven a robust and supportive urban and social fabric is easily noticeable while walking along the promenade bordered by tamarisks or through the narrow streets that lead inside, among the small plots of land jealously fenced.
No less evident than the ancient peasant vocation is the influence that the sea has exerted on the Marines. The wealth of fish and the protected landing have always favored fishing and since the beginning of the century, Marciana Marina raised a true elite of commanders and long-time admirals employed on all the Atlantic routes.
The hotel is the ideal destination for those who love spending the day at the beach and prefer a simple but decent accommodation, focusing on an economic solution.
There is also a three-room apartment located in a quiet area 350 meters from the sea.